OUR PEOPLE MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
Sonneborn strives to maintain an innovative and talented workforce and welcomes fresh perspectives from new employees. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages and a supportive work environment. Sonneborn currently has 2 open positions in the Greater Pittsburgh Area. Please contact us today for details and to submit resume.
Careers in the United States:
HSE Manager (Sonneborn Refined Products - Greater Pittsburgh Area)* Job Description
* Primary Candidates Only: No recruiters at this time.
- Management of Plant environmental program and safe work practices.
- Develop and recommend timely plant environmental policies and programs and direct their implementation.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State and Local laws and regulations and all Permit requirements.
- Design, implement and manage environmental projects.
- Direct plant compliance with environmental training and documentation requirements.
- Direct all plant process water handling procedures in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and company policy.
- Direct all plant compliance testing and supervise proper collection and reporting.
- Perform environmental audits.
- Support all plant safety programs.
- Provide supervision of bargaining unit employees in the Boilerhouse and Process Water Treatment Plant.
- Collaborate with Plant Safety Manager to develop, maintain and champion the Safety and Environmental program of the plant.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial Safety, Environmental, Chemistry or closely related field.
- 5 years manufacturing environmental compliance experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong motivation to accomplish goals and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience in a Chemical/Refinery Industry.
- Process Safety background.
- Experience supervising others.
- Ability to communicate to various levels of employees effectively.
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA regulations as they relate to the Industry.
- Demonstrated understanding of Environmental Compliance guidelines for the industry.
- Proactive view of safety and environmental processes.
Careers in the Netherlands:
- None listed currently (check back soon).